cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no space in Hard disk

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am sd consultant. i am having r/3 4.7 IDES in home.

while working the system gets hang, when i check my hard disk space it is about 6 MB.

so, is it possible to add one more hard disk or i need to delete any of the files in the system ?

more over i created a so many things which is related to SD. so, is it possible to delete unnecessary files. if yes ! how to find those files?

let me know the solutions

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

I assume that your system is in good state. Coming to the free up of hard disk space, you can delete the log files. Navigate to the directory 'oraarch' on your hard disk and keep only the latest files(recent days) and delete older ones.

Ex: D:\oracle\<SID>\oraarch\......

--->Also, if you have forgotten to remove the software dump [IDES softward dump] from your harddisk, you can write it on your CD/DVD and remove the dump. This will give some free space.

---> If you have applied some support patches to your system, you can delete the downloaded files in

D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\In directory.

--->Ensure that you do not have any traces running on your system. System trace(ST01) or work process(SM50) trace or SQL trace(ST05). If traces are running they create huge no. of logs which consume space.

Edited by: vamsi baki on Sep 30, 2008 12:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Agree with vamsi's suggetion. Also, while doing customizations, during applicatoin errors SAP creates core dumps generally of size 2 GB per dump. You can search for these files and delete the same. general path for these files are

/usr/sap/<SID>/work.

Nitin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to all the above suggestion run the Program vai RSBTCDEL2 via SE38 or SA38 to delete all the batch and old running jobs.Say all the batch jobs older than 7 or 5 days.

This will generate some free space.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

You can also delete, all the .old extention files and d*.log files from the work directory which would give you some space.

Thanks

Shankar

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the best for you will be to add a harddisk an move some tablespaces to the new device... that will guarantee the continuity of your test system.

Regards

Juan