cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicates: Check for persons in quick contact view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i would like to start a duplicate check for persons in the view BP_CONT/ContactQuickCreateEF.

I implemented the BADI ADDRESS_SEARCH for duplicates for persons (address type 1) and organizations (address type 2). In the normal view it works. But it seems that in ContactQuickCreateEF only the duplicate chck for contact relations (type 3) works. Has someone managed to do a simple duplicate check in ContactQuickCreateEF for person?

Regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Arno-Meyer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello!

By default the Quick Create of a Contact Person primarily creates the Relationship and here the Duplicate Check is not triggered.

The basis for the Duplicate Check is not the Relationship, but the data belonging to the Person itself.

Therefore the Duplicate Check works in the Application for "Persons" (Individual Accounts).

Best regards

Arno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks.

I just did some debugging.

In the BADI you can actually check for adress type 3 and then in function ADDRESS_DUPLICATE_CHECK it is looked for existing contact relations and their adress.

When a duplicate of the contact relation is found here an object duplicate is created and the view BP_ADDR/ContactDuplicates is triggered.

With EH_ONCHOOSE then it is checked in the context if the duplicate exists there. If not the new relation is added to the collection. Otherwise it cant work because the new contact person always is new, thus an existing one cannot be found. Therefore I think the contact duplicate seems to me pretty much nonsense.

Regards

Andreas

Arno-Meyer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas!

Yes, usually there is no real risk to have duplicate Contact Persons related to an Account. Only if Contact Persons are related to multiple Accounts, there might be the risk that duplicate Records are in the System.

Within the creation of a Contact Person (especially the Quick Create) a duplicate Check is not required from my point of view.

In a mixed B2B and B2C-Scenario a Contact Person can be created but this person is already available in the System as Customer (not really the 80%-Use Case). Here it might make sense to merge both records.

Best regards

Arno