cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asset accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

< MODERATOR: Message locked. Please use an appropriate subject. "Asset Accounting" in a forum called "ERP Financials Asset Accounting" is not very helpful. >

Hi Experts

Fixed Assets unplanned depreciation - for the few list of assets, I have run transaction ABAA, specified depreciation amounts and Saved the transaction. Then I have run the AFAB for these assets on u2018Repeatu2019 mode. But I have got an errors message saying that Account 625987 requires an assignment to ac CO object.

When I have checked in AS03 these assets have cost center XYZ and asset values tab shows that depreciation is posted successfully . the cost center also not locked for posting.why this cost center is posted the Unplanned depreciation?

Thanks and regards

Sunitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is GL Account 625987 is a depreciation account?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes Ramesh reddy it is depreciaiton account only

thanks

sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know for what you are using account 625987? Depreciation cost or Depreciation is this a balance sheet or P&L account.

Posting

Deb Depreciation cost This should be a P&L account

Cred Depreciation Balancsheet account (rec account assetmanagment)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha Reddy,

If you are already activated CO Module & Depreciation account ,created as a Cost Element,

once you run the depreciation , system will ask for the cost center, because depreciation account you are created as cost element.

for this yo have to do the following settings ,

1. if you want post the depreciation of all assets to one cost center ;

assign the cost senter in the cost element.

2. if you want to post depreciation to various cost centers assigned to the asset masters;

please do teh following configuration;

a.img-Financial accounting-asset accounting -integration with gl accounts-addtional account assignment-activate account assignment objects.

here you activate the cost center(KOSTL)

b.img-Financial accounting-asset accounting -integration with gl accounts-addtional account assignment-Specify account assignment types for account assignment objects;

here

select your company code double click on account assignment,

give the account assignment (KOSTL) ,TRANSACTION TYPE * &account asignment type depreciation.

with this your problem will solve trythis & post reply

Regards

Chandrasekhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI reddy garu,

these setting are already there in the system.please find the below settings

KOSTL Cost Center 500 Post depreciation Account Assignment for Depreciation

KOSTL Cost Center 501 Planned depreciation Account Assignment for Depreciation

KOSTL Cost Center 504 Revaluation of accumulated depreciation Account Assignment for Depreciation

KOSTL Cost Center 600 Manual ordinary depreciation on prior-yr acquis. Account Assignment for Depreciation

KOSTL Cost Center 610 Manual ordinary depreciation on current-yr acquis. Account Assignment for Depreciation

KOSTL Cost Center 620 Manual spec. dep. on prior-yr acquis per dep. key Account Assignment for Depreciation

KOSTL Cost Center 640 Unplanned depreciation on prior-year acquisitions Account Assignment for Depreciation

KOSTL Cost Center 650 Unplanned depreciation on current-yr acquisition Account Assignment for Depreciation

thanks and regards

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi You have to set up 2 accounts

Depreciation balance sheet rec asset account

Depreciation costs P&L account with cost element (takes the cost center from the Asset)

I think you have set up the balance sheet account as P&L account or assigned a P&L account where it should be a balance sheet account.

Is the fieldstatus group ok from 625987

In OKB9 you can assign a default cost center

Paul