cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS AND\OR Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Last year we got some ambiguous info from SAP with respest to CCMS and Solution Manager.

Some SAP experts recommended to have a separate a CCMS system which perfrom all technical/app monitoring for all the inhouse SAP systems.

But then later we were told Solution Manager is the way to go.

If customer in primarily Interested in Monitoring alone (not in help-desk solutions, s/w LCM features odf Sol Manager) Whats the recommendation from SAP ?

Can the alert/monitor configs completed in 640 based CCMS system be transported to Solution Manager once its installed ?

Thank you,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

the answer is always the same: "It depends....".

If you are mainly interested in aspects of system monitoring ( as I am) there is no better way than the RZ20/CCMS. The system monitoring area in Solution Manager is becoming less and less important. Did you know that the SolMan gets its alert info out of RZ20 data areas? Do you like the look and feel of SolMan system monitoring? I do not. Therefore, we have configured two separate systems: one for CCMS with restricted logon only for admins and another for Solution Manager with "public logon".

And please consider about upcoming NetWeaverAdministrator (NWA): Lately, I have heared that SAP recommends using NWA and Solution Manager on two different SIDs. That seems to be quite clear to me.

And besides, there is absolutely no risk by following this strategy: you can move your central CCMS-System in the future (even into the Solution Manager System). I have done this several times before.

If you need any further help to this topic, just send me an email.

Kind regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Could you please tell me how to configure the CCMS in Solution manager. Please let me know the step by step process. My mail address is basavaiah@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.