cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve REST feed using XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a partner that setup a REST (Representational state transfer) feed and we need to retrieve data from that feed using XI and push the data to R/3. The data is presented in plain HTTP with no SOAP wrapper and we access the queue using a username and password. I can't find an adapter that will do the job, am I missing something or does anyone have a work-around?

Johan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Although the thread appears to be rather oldish. just in case anyone might stumble upon this: there IS a way to do this, in fact more than just one. I drafted the solution in a wiki article:

[REST Web Services in XI - Proof of Concept|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/restWebServicesinXI%2528Proofof+Concept%2529]

If there is interest for the subject I may post more details.

Regards

WN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I'm still interested. I've heard rumors that there is work going on to expose BAPI's (automatically) via REST (not SOAP) interfaces. Have you heard of such a thing? The alternative seems to be handcrafted PI's for each verb of each resource and that's just a lot of redundant, error-prone code to write and maintain.

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bill,

Ideally REST web Services are mainly for handhelds, where bandwidth is limited, mostly for stateless web Services.

You can get the data using HTTP get.

You can also use JAX-RS API.

You can write a module that uses this.

Regards

Ravi Raman

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have to tried to post data as using HTTP client (http adapter)?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think it will work. The HTTP adapter cannot "poll" for new data as a file adapter can. REST is in a way similar to RSS where you have to pull down data from a website and the website does not send the data to you.

Regards,

Johan