Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gather data when using message control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to create a form with all the data of a delivery. This form will be printed using message control.

Now, I am used to create reports that have a selection screen, and using the data the user provides on the selection screen I gather all the data I need to display.

How does this work when printing using message control? Because I would not have a selection screen. So what data do I have to start gathering all the data I need to display??

Some info I was given:

We want to be able to print all the delivery forms in a given transport, or print one delivery form directly. It should also be posible to reprint a delivery form when needed.

Before the truck leaves, we look up the transport number in table VTTK, get all the posts for the transport number (TKNUM), and for every post we read VTTP-VBELN that corresponds with the leaving delivery. For every delivery, we read the information of the delivery posts (LIPS).

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The object key of the source document is passed into the subroutine of your program (via nast-objky). From this object key (i.e. Delivery number) you retrieve all of the data you require.

Look at the form ENTRY of any of the SAP standard output programs.

Regards,

Darren