cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS for International Country grouping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Scenario: We are implementing Portal ESS/MSS on ECC6 and have loaded the Best Practices with the below components.

SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.0 SP12 with the following additional software components

BP ERP05 Common Parts 1.0 SP08 (BP_ERP5COM)

BP ERP05 ESS 1.0 SP08 (BP_ERP5ESS))

BP ERP05 MSS 1.0 SP08 (BP_ERP5MSS)

SAP ESS 600 SP08 (SAP_ESS)

SAP MSS 600 SP08 (SAP_MSS)

SAP PCUI_GP 600 SP08 (SAPPCUI_GP)

Now, the ESS and MSS is to be implemented for a Country Grouping 99 - International and not any specific country.

Problem: The iViews are not loading for International, when the R/3 config setting is for 99. While it seems to be calling the right iViews for 10 - USA or 12 - Belgium.

Can you please assist on how to link up the Users to the roles and correct iViews.

Thank you.

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Even we are trying the same thing but in portal side i am not seeing any screens pertaining to this 99 country grouping.When i login and check it throws an error say

country/structure doesnt exist.

The pcd location to which it is pointing in the R/3 is not present in the portal content, can you please tell me know how to get that in place.

Regards,

Sai sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

The changes you need to make are in the Back end.

You need to first figure out which country grouping comes close to your requirement. Since you are using 99 and there is no 99 offering in Portal (Pages, iViews etc.,) you will not find any folder for International.

In my case I used Belgium and configured the back end using the services provided for Belgium. Follow the steps in R/3 as i mentioned in this thread. You should see all the country services. Just reuse the country services of say US or Germany.

NOTE: Make sure your employee belongs to 99 (PA/PSA - HR config part)

~ Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could manage this thru' backend setting in HCM - Service Settings

~ Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Can u pls share that how it was done ...we are also planning to implement ESS for International groupings ....so how can we implement it...?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Steps in brief:

0. Once you have implemented the Busin. Packages from SAP you will get all the Portal Content which is country specific. This is the same content being called from R/3 using country specific resources.

1. Go to R/3 -> Pers Admin -> ESS -> General Settings -> Home Page for SS -> Services -> Define Country Srvcs.

Go into Define Country specific srvcs and you will see the view V_T7XSSSERSRVCG

2. This table contains all the country specific implementations offerred by SAP. You can use some of these and copy/create for CGrpng 99 as below. This should be based on what services you want to use on ESS.

EMPLOYEE_PERSINFO_ADDRESS 99 EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS_BE_SERVICE

EMPLOYEE_PERSINFO_ADDRESS05 99 EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS_BE_SERVICE05

EMPLOYEE_PERSINFO_BANK 99 EMPLOYEE_BANK_BE_SERVICE

EMPLOYEE_PERSINFO_BANK05 99 EMPLOYEE_BANK_BE_SERVICE05

EMPLOYEE_PERSINFO_FAMMEMBER 99 EMPLOYEE_FAMMEMBER_BE_SERVICE

EMPLOYEE_PERSINFO_FAMMEMBER05 99 EMPLOYEE_FAMMEMBER_BE_SERVICE05

3. Also make sure your CGrpng in Pers Area/ PSA is set to 99, basically Employee shold belong to 99.

Hope this helps in figuring out a few more things !!

Good luck

~ Sandeep