cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material type number range question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to have an interval for which I could have external naming both for numbers and for letters. I want to have the option to name the material eg 111111111 or aabbccddg or aa11bb11nnn.

I have created a group, I have a for external numbering - from 00000000001 to 9999999999, but I cannot create another line for 00000000000a to zzzzzzzzzzz.

How can I do it??

Is it possible?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go to transaction code MMNR create number range depends on ur material type.

Enter the number range AAAA0000 - Z9999999.

And select the External number range flag.

path: img>log general>material master>basic setting>material types>define number range for material types

For Internal Number range Standard SAP does not support for maintaining "Alphanumeric" number range. For that please consult to the ABAPu2019r.

Internal number assignment:

If your company uses nonmnemonic keys, you do not enter a material number when creating a material master record. Instead, the system assigns a consecutive number to the material. This number is visible when you maintain the material master record.

Further options are provided by the following SAP Enhancements:

SAP Enhancement MGA00002

This enhancement contains three customer exits that you can use for the following purposes:

To modify material numbers entered externally by users, for example, by appending a check digit. To assign material numbers internally by customer programs

SAP Enhancement MGA00003

This enhancement allows you to edit the display of material numbers as required. For example, a material is assigned the number 123.

With this enhancement, you can define that the material number is displayed with, for example, the prefix MAT-, even though the number in the database is still 123.

I hope it will work for you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did what you said but it does not work.

I am interested in having external numbering..

I want to be able to create for the same material type either material eg RED or material 23456788 or maerial a3g5fa54h (up to 10 digits for example)

How can I do this???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go through this complete PDF and sure you will get the solution for your requirement.

http://saptechsolutions.com/pdf/MaterialNumberRangesAndFormatting.pdf

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

Answers (0)