Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relevancy of Follow-up-Buffer?

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAPIENTS,

Can anybody throw light on Follow-up-Buffer used in maintenace plan? If it can be explained with practical example it will be better.

Also tell where is this fiels in maintenance plan?

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

follow up buffer is used in while creating the strategy .i think it is not possible to specify in maintenance plan

from help

it is basically used to specifies how long after the maintenance package is due the processing of the activities can be finished, without the subsequent due dates being changed.

You specify a follow-up buffer of 5 days for each maintenance package in the strategy.

The planned date calculated by the system is September 30. The end date proposed in the maintenance order is therefore October 5.

regards

thyagarajan

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Where is this field?

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

check in IP11

-ashok

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In IP11 there is no such field naming follow up buffer. There is field called initial and subsequent buffer. This I know.

Can you detail it if available in IP11

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

check against the package in the strategy -in the last column you have subsequent , i.e followup buffer

-ashok

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I wanted to know is there any field called Follow Up Buffer where we maintain any data.

Thanx All,

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

it depends on teh how many days you give in the field

The follow-up buffer specifies how long after the maintenance package is due the processing of the activities can be finished, without the subsequent due dates being changed.

You specify a follow-up buffer of 10 days for each maintenance package in the strategy.

The planned date calculated by the system is MARCH 30. The end date proposed in the maintenance order is therefore April10.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/3c/abb3c5413911d1893d0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

-ashok

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/3c/abb3c5413911d1893d0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm]