cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi - barcode display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How display barcode corresponding to a character string on Webi ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Unsure of the workflow that you are following. However I am sending you the stpes to configure files for barcode display.

Ensure the font is installed in Windows. If it is not, navigate to <installation directory>:\Windows\Fonts. Click File > Install New Font. Click the Barcode font to install.

Update the Fontalias.xml file located in <installation directory>:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\fonts.

Copy the entire section <FONT NAME="default">. Paste it to the end of the file. Leave the duplicate <FONT NAME="default"> section as it is.

Edit the original <FONT NAME="default"> section with the new Barcode font. For example, with the font "CIA Code 39 Medium Text", the edit appears as follows:

<FONT NAME="CIA Code 39 Medium Text">

<FONTFAMILY PLATFORM="ttf" NAME="CIA Code 39 Medium Text">

<FONTATTRIBUTE BOLD="false" ITALIC="false" LOGICAL="CIA Code 39 Medium Text" PHYSICAL="cia_c39c.ttf" />

</FONTFAMILY>

<FONTFAMILY PLATFORM="win" NAME="CIA Code 39 Medium Text" />

<FONTFAMILY PLATFORM="java" NAME="'CIA Code 39 Medium Text', 'Arial Unicode MS'" />

<FONTFAMILY PLATFORM="html" NAME="'CIA Code 39 Medium Text', 'Arial Unicode MS'"

</FONT>

Save the file.

Open the i18n.xml file located in <installation directory>:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\scripts.

Scroll to the <font_aliasing> section.

Copy the entire <font name="default"> section. Paste it to the end of the file. Leave the duplicate <font name="default"> section as it is.

Edit the original <font name="default"> section with the new Barcode font. For example, with the font "CIA Code 39 Medium Text", the edit appears as follows:

<font name="CIA Code 39 Medium Text">

<os type="all">

<Attributs style="0"filename="cia_c39c.ttf"encoding=""aliaspsname="cia_c39c" />

</os>

</font>

Save the file. Restart the servers or local computer.

Let me know if this works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the right way. The only difference is that I have a Sun Solaris server.

Thanks a lot.

Mikael

Answers (0)