cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch classification logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

whats the logic of a batch determination, if i have previously set-up a batch search strategy for FEFO (nomination based on SLED) if i havent put in any SLED in the batches of the material? system still nominates batches, even if a batch has no SLED but has a classification tab.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you are using characteristic LOBM_VFDAT. also put a tickmark for ' Entry required" on the basic data page of the characteristic. with this the entry for SLED will become mandatory during batch creation. Therefore all your batches will have a SLED.

Secondly check your Sort sequence CU72 . See whether the characteristic for SLED is assigned to the sort sequence with asending or descendind order.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Its depend upon the characteristics assign to the material and your search procedure (MBC1) selection condition and sort rule CU70.

If you want to select the batch in FIFO criteria that is first in first out i.e. the batches that are received first will be selected, then

Assign this to class

Create sort sequence with ascending order

Then create batch search strategy in MBC1 transaction

Give the sort rule there

Give the no. of batch splits as much as you want or just keep 999

Then try doing the batch determination.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have only assigned LOBM_VFDAT. (for First Expiry, First Out ). What if no SLED are placed in MSC1N? What will the system do next?

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You need to maintain the SELD in plant storage 1 view then system will select the batch according to the SELD days.

If no SLED are placed system will not select the bach during determination.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have also placed LOBM_LFDAT ( remaining shelf - life ) and LOBM_LFDAT ( delivery date) what is the effect if those 2 plus LOBM_VFDAT are in place?

my problem is that SLED determination works fine. however, the next batch that is proposed isnt the one that should be. system proposes the one with the latest GR date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

if SLED is not amintained aslo sytem picks hhe data , if your search strategy is having the batch number.

-ashok