cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight issue in billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Our Client has a problem/issue in weight. The weight in billing document is showing in lakhs qty while the appropriate weight would be around 6500 kgs,as processed in delivery document. what may be the reason? any solution?. The documents are already processed and sent to FI and the payment is cleared as well. so how to do the post-mortem on this and find out. this is known while taking a BIW report. In R/3 the variance is in lakhs. while in BIW its right.How to find the difference in weight between delivery and billing document.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Raj

Edited by: Nori Raja Sekhar on Sep 30, 2008 8:14 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

opened another thread for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this is only for one billing document or for all, in case of all billing documents then -

Check the Billing quantity settings in copy controls between delivery to billing.

In case of particular billing document -

Check in your pricing condition type, if the condition type is calculation type is net weight or gross weight then

Check in delivery, what is gross weight and individual weight, also check any coversion is maintained either at material master level or sales order level for materials.

Let me know once done

Regards

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Goutham,

The issue is with only one billing document, i would look into what you said and would revert. sorry for the delay in reply.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gowtham,

The thing is weight is calculated as being in Lakhs in billing document while weight in delivery is around thousands.and no matter what conversion is maintained the difference between them cannot be so much, in lakhs, as i see it. and about the condition type, i think i already said the difference cannot be so huge whatever the calculation type is maintained. its so absurd, the weight value in billing.any other idea, please?

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your materials are batch managed or without batch

Check someother also

1. Copy controls between delivery to billing, billing quanity field

2. Is anybody changed or kept conversion either in sales order or delivery like 1MT=1000kg

3. If not then please debut with ABAP person during VF01 creation

I am extreamly sorry because apart from above, i am unable to find any suitable answer for your question

Regards

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gowtham,

Thanks for the inputs.but the cycle is complete the accounting documents are sent to FI. the users found the problem only when comparing with BI report which showed right values. The ABAPer is saying debugging is not possible once the business cycle is complete. is this true?

Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you cannot debut once the values are moved to FI and the only way you can rectify the problem is through Finance JV .

Talk to your FI Consultant , he will in this.

Regards

Goutham