cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Scenario RFC(Asynch) ==> XI == > JDBC

We are running two RFC's and we are sending Employee and Dept info to the JDBC. In the Database the Employee and Dept tables have the Referential integrity. i.e in Employee Table we have the Deptno field and it refers to the Deptno in the Dept table.

So when we try to insert into the Employee table, before the dept table then then t he data base will fail with the referential integrity, if the corresponding record is not there in dept.

But its not possible for us to Schedule our RFC in such a way to run Dept First and then followed by Emp. Only at XI or in DB we have to take care of this situation.

Would some one can help me?

2) Also once we insert certain rows in DB, we want to send a response back saying that how many rows were inserted/deleted/modified? How can we acheive that

3) Also please point me to some of the JBDC blogs in general.

Appreicate your help a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

Check these links..

>>Also once we insert certain rows in DB, we want to send a response back saying that how many rows were inserted/deleted/modified? How can we acheive that

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

>>Also please point me to some of the JBDC blogs in general.

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-on-jdbc-receiver-response

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand. I will go thru that and I will get back to you.

Another simple question for you (tough question for me). I see a section of Weblogs on the top left hand corner, but I dont know how to search the Weblogs, could you please drive me.

Kracious Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

Instead try this

go to 'Search' box available on the left hand side of the SDN page. Choose SDN weblogs from the dropdown list and enter the keywords like 'JDBC' to search in 'search' box.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand for your Helping hands and Great heart to help the people. Wonderful and keep up the good work. God Bless You

Former Member
0 Kudos

glad i could help

still the first part of your question remains unanswered..

I was thinking of using correlation but i don't see a comman unique field between Emp message and Dept message fom SAP system to correlate . May be you can try sending them together(as a sinlgle RFC message) from SAP system then split it in XI to insert into two different tables.

Regards

Anand

Answers (0)