Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Batch level

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am trying to change the level of batch management, currently it is at material level, and there are stock of materials as well, the moment i try to change the batch level the system throws a message that: this type of conversion is not yet implemented. I know that it is difficult to change the level of batch once it is set at material or client level and if the stock exists, is there any way out to change the level of batch to plant in my scenario. Kindly suggest the way out, waiting for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

While the conversion program is running, you can only post batches at the old level. You can only post batches at the new level after the conversion has been completed.

You cannot change back from a higher level to plant level in the standard system. However, you can change the batch level from client level back to material level.

To change the batch level from plant level to material level, the material has to be subject to batch management in all plants.

Please refer this,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/25/2838714f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/frameset.htm

If you want to Change the Batch Level.

Scrap all the Stock with Previous Batches for that material.

or Issue the Material with previous batches to Cost Center.

Then you can change it in customizing,

SPRO > LO (gen)>Batch Mgt -->Specify Batch Level.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank for your valuable inputs, shall look forward to you for any further assistance.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot change back from a higher level to plant level in the standard system. However, you can change the batch level from client level back to material level.

Also Check OSS note 533377 Conversion of batch level