cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Migration of Workbooks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to migrate workbooks from 3.x to 7.0 version.I have some queries related to it..

1.What is the basic difference between single,multiple,complex and query view??

2.How to check for the VB code??

3.How to manage the pivot table during migration??

It will be really helpful if anyone of you can give me a stepwise overview of migration of workbooks and how to check whether it has been migrated properly to 7.0 version..

Points will be assigned to the helpful answers...

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Rahul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the below blog might help you :

Hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to migrate workbooks from 3.x to 7.0 version.I have some queries related to it..

Let me explain you what is a query View :

A query view is some kind of a "snapshot" on changed settings of the original query.

This might be adding or hiding key-figures or characteristics, defining filters or conditions and exceptions....

You can open this views directly without repeating navigational steps in the inital query and changing it.

You can create a query view in the save dialog in BEx with 'Saving View Global'.

Now if too many functions are used then its Multiple view and complex view.

2.How to check for the VB code??

No idea

3.How to manage the pivot table during migration??

They will get migrated automatically and can use it with 7.0 with new changes you need not migrate them specifically

When you open a query from 7.0 login then the changes will be updated and they are automatically migrated to7.0 and once when you save it then its doneu2026.. dont forget to save it. There are no specific stepsu2026Its very easy job donu2019t panicu2026

Thanks,

Sandhya