cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHS - How to get values assigned to characrteristics to prepare a report

0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to create a report pulling data from the Edit Specification Property Tree in EHS. For each specification (which is a material), I need Physical & Chemical Property data like pH, viscosity, physical state, specific gravity, freeze point, boiling point, flash point. "Physical and Chemical Properties" is a node under the property tree for the material (specification). The items like pH, viscosity, etc., are classes and they have characteristics which are their values. Can anyone kindly explain how I can go about it.

Regards,

Mohan

This data will be the same data that is used on the Material Safety Data

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

well, a bit late, but maybe it still helps...

I guess you want to wirte an ABAP report to pull those data.

If you have the specification ID (SUBID) you can use the substance read API C1F2_SUBSTANCES_READ_WITH_REF, but the use is not so easy.

You have to set all the flags for the data you want to read on true in your case

*"             VALUE(I_FLG_PROPERTIES) TYPE  ESP1_BOOLEAN
*"                             DEFAULT ESP1_FALSE
*"             VALUE(I_FLG_PROP_DATA) TYPE  ESP1_BOOLEAN
*"                             DEFAULT ESP1_FALSE

Then you have to fill the subids you want to read the data for into the table X_API_HEADER_TAB.

You will get the result in the tables

*"              X_API_PROP_HEADER_TAB TYPE  ESPRH_APIVH_TAB_TYPE
*"                             OPTIONAL
*"              X_API_PROP_TAB TYPE  ESPRH_APIVA_TAB_TYPE OPTIONAL
*"              E_API_PROP_DATA_TAB TYPE  ESPRH_APIPR_TAB_TYPE
*"                             OPTIONAL

propheader is the valuation type (class), prop the valuation instance and prop_data the characteristics.

Hope it helps,

Andreas

0 Kudos

Thanks, Andreas. It works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am David, also working on EH&S SAP RM.

I am new to this and require some help .

We have a external system that sends Specification details via XI proxy and we need to Push this data to SAP RM system. I have 2 Scenario to implement.

Scenario 1:

The Material, Specification and the Link between the Material and Specification Exist in Sap RM . The specification has different property grouped under different property tree but it does not hold any value. Now I need to update the Property values. To begin with , as soon as I recevie all the details in the XI Proxy, I need to validate it against the existing property of the Specification. Please let me know the function modules that can be used to get all the Existing properties of a Specification. Is that I have to use C1F2_SUBSTANCES_READ_WITH_REF ?

What Is the function module that will help me update the Same .

Scenario 2:

Sometimes we need to Create a New Property at the property tree level for the existing specification. And then Update the Property value. How can I implement this scenario. What function modules are involved in this.

Appreciate your help.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I also have the similar requirement. Instead of ABAP report i need to generate a word report. Hpw can i make that one for properties.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Message was edited by:

Rajesh Madala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohan,

I had a similar requirement. Could you please send your code to my gmail : varmamails at gmail

Thanks in adv,

Dilip

Answers (0)