cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MMC problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed AS ABAP. It was working fine for one day.

Next day when I started MMC, there is no system or directory tree under Console Root.

There is only Console Root-->SAP Systems,that's it, there is nothing further down there.

why I can't see any systems there. How can I bring them or add them so I can start them.

please advise me on above.

Thanks,

Haresh Solanki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haresh,

Answer for this is in the below thread.

you have to run sapstartsrv.exe to see your entries in the MMC, may be some problem with starting the sap services.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That problem was solved. you are right there was problem with starting the SAP Services.

Thank you,

Haresh Solanki

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP Services were not automatically started so I had to start them manualy.

TO do this,

Start --> Run --> services.msc

Check here that whether all the SAP Services are running or not? if not the start them manually.

To stat them manually Right Click on the "SAP service and then select "Start". start them all one by one.

Then start MMC and Start the SAP Systems from there. It should then work.

Thank you

Haresh Solanki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

For all the services,

Right click on the services->properties in general tab.

select startup type as automatic, by this whenever you restart

you need not start the service manualy.

Regards

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kumar,

I have checked the properties for the SAP sevices, the startup type is selected as automatic and now everything is working fine.

But thanks anyways for adding this as it will be helpful also for others who will read this thread.

Regards

Haresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MMC go through File ->Add/remove Snap-in, a new window in displayed click on Add and give the relevant information about the system by browsing through the window.

Rgds

Radhakrishna D S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP MMC uses the SAPControl Interface or DCOM interface to connect to the SAP System. You will probably have to re-register this service.

All problems and their resolutions are mentioned in SAP Note 142100 - this should solve your problem,

For an overview please have a look at the following SAP Help library as well:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/8b/6e1e48c00711d2890d0000e8200722/frameset.htm

Please award points if useful.

Thanks, Dibya