Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports executing very slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made a Z Report "Daily Distach Statement" . It is working perfect and show result with in 20-25 seconds. but when this report is executed by 5-6 users in same time then its take more than 600 seconds. So what is the reason behind this.What should i do in my code ? if anyboady has solution pls reply me.

thanks and regards

Rakesh

5 REPLIES 5

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Check whether the report is updating any database table. Seems that when one user executes the report..he puts a lock on a particular table & hence others have to wait untill the lock is release.

Check transaction SM12 while the reports are executed. It will give a list of tables which are locked.

Best regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hai

I think you must use lock objects..

enqueue and dequeue function Modules

and check the locks in SM12 and SM13

Regards

Devanand

0 Kudos

Hi,

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply, But here I am not updating any data base table... only i fetch data from database table to internal table. Following tables i used in program :

Likp

Lips

VBPA

VBFA

A609

A555

A602.....etc.

0 Kudos

hi

I think you are acesss the standard table the header and the Item

U should use lockobjects

and use enqueue and Dequeue Fucntion modules

but the table starting with A are customizing tables they can created by customizing itself so they are applicable only to a particular customer and they dont have any lock objects.

Regards

Devanand