cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Object component release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I have a custom business object which has supertype of BUS2000112 and am trying to make changes to one of it's method. The methid uses a FM and initially had 2 import and 1 export parameters. I added 1 export parameter to the FM and now want to have that same export parameter in the method. I set the object type component to modelled and then to implement. when I try to set it to release, i get message "Object type components have higher release level than object type"

And when I try to release Object type I get message "Set required status for supertype first

". Any idea what these message are? How do I set status of super type? I did set the object type to modeled and implemented.

Is there a sequence to be followed for Object type and Object type component for Modeled, Implement and release?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the release status of the supertype BUS2000112. If the supertype has 'released' status, then you can set the status of the subtype to the released as well.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Samson

Former Member
0 Kudos

The status of supertype is generated and saved. Do I have to set it in released? How do i do that? I cannot change the supertype as it is standard object.

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As it not advisable or not possible to change the release status of the standard BO,why don't you create a new BO from the scratch with the same components as that of the supertype and along with them the components that you were planning to include in the subtype.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Samson

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Points to ponder.

- You can only release object types and object type components if the object type is in a development class that is relevant for delivery.

- You can only release object type components if the object type is released.

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PS,

hope you releasing the method first and then your object.

Hope it helps.

Aditya