cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting SNP Planned Order /Purch Req to Prod.Order/Purch.Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys

What is the standard process to Convert the SNP Planned Order /Purch Req. into a Prod.Order/Purch.Order ?

Can the conversion indicator be set in APO for SNP Planned Order /Purch Req.and then transferred to R3 as Prod.Order/Purch.Order or can the convesrion of Planned Order /Purch Req to Prod.Order/Purch.Order can be done in R3 itself ?

I am not clear on how exactly this works. Would appreicate if you could provide me with the standard process and any config involved in the same such as Number Ranges and how to set the conversion indicator automatically through SNP planning runs ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Conversion to Planned order to Prd order is normally done in R/3 , normally MRP controller do it by tcode md04/md07.

PR- PO is done through MD04/me58/ME59n on R/3 side.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

Then whats the significance of Conversion Indicator in APO RRP3?

And more over is the Planned Order /Purch Requisiton generated through SNP visible in MD04 or else where in R3 by default or is there any config relevant to this ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you set this indicator for a planned order or a purchase

requisition, the system automatically converts the order into a

Production order or purchase order after the transfer to the

connected SAP R/3 system.

The converted orders are then retransferred to the SAP APO system with a

different category; a purchase requisition with category BS-ANF becomes

a purchase order delivery schedule line with category BS-EIN.

Please check configuration setting in SPro for transfer setting to R/3.

1. Configure Transfer to OLTP Systems(SNP)

2.Maintain Global Parameters and Defaults(PPDS)

Also on R/3 side you can see it in MD04/MD07 collectively for a product . or individually on

MD13 : planned order

MB51n: PR

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

An SNP planned order was created iitially from the SNP run and upon manually setting the 'Conversion Indicator' checkbox in RRP3, SNP planned order category was changed to PlOrd.(CF). However I am not able to see this Planned Order /Production order in R3 - MD04 for this material and plant combination

I had checked the below config settings in APO.

1. Configure Transfer to OLTP Systems(SNP) - 'Immediate Transfer' was selected under SNP

2.Maintain Global Parameters and Defaults(PPDS) - I had included my Planning area in the Planning area field in Planning tab, Transfer to R/3 In-House Production, Transfer to R/3 Ext. Procurement fields were set to 'Always Create Transfer Events'

However I am not able to see Production Order in R3. Is there a way that I can trigger this conversion and transfer manually.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check your SLG1 or /SAPAPO/CQ or /SAPAPO/C3 log on APO side .

Check material is there in IM or not use tcode CFM5 .

Run CCR report and check order is coming in CCR report or not ?

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if you have mainrtained Publication Settings for Planned Orders. Unless you maintain these settings Orders will not be published to R/3. Here is the path:

SPRO>SAP Ref IMG>APO>Basic Settings>Integration>Publication>Maintain Distribution Definition

Here please check if the Planned orders,Purchase Reqs, sales orders etc are maintained for specific location. If not please maintain these for specific locations by mentioning the logical system (R/3) and the release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for the very helpful info.

Is there any table in APO to check the Distribution fucntion table entires by Location, Publicaton type, etc...?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can get the distribution function information if you follow the mentioned path in my previous post(if you are in SCM 4.0)..if you are in SCM 5.0 I believe the path is different. Please go to SPRO-->IMG and type Publication in the search option on top of your screen it will show you the path. There you can check the settings as well as you can maintain them.

Here is the path in SCM5.0

SPRO>IMG>SAP Components > Integration via APO Core Interface (CIF)>Publication settings-->Distribution definition

Edited by: sai balakavi on Sep 30, 2008 9:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use table /SAPAPO/CIFDSTRV in se16 or sm30 to get the details.

Manish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

when we create any order in APO system corresponding order also needs to created in R3 system , which is done by using standard BAPI.

If you are creating an Order through your Z* program then search in the program there must be a bapi responsible to create a R3 orders, before calling that BAPI you must be filling some internal tables which is geeting passed in to that BAPI as an input.

Those internal tables must be conatining the order type details also.

Just get the order type of Prod.Order/Purch.Order 's & pass that.

in apo system (in planning book) you can see the result after creating an order.

Thanks !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

is any table in APO with Purchase requistion number and schedule line agreement.