Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in RWB message details not able to access

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am facing a problem with RWB..

in message monitoring when i click on the <i>details</i> button to view the details of any message its asking me to enter user name and password...

the problem here is that i tried all the users like XISUPER, XIRWBUSER, some custome users which have all the privillages that XISUPER has...but nothing is working out...the exact message is like the following

<i>

SSO logon not possible; logon tickets not activated on the server

Choose "Log on" to continue A dialog box appears, where you can enter your user and password.

No switch made to HTTPS; so it is unsafe to send your password

</i>

and immediately below that text some fields are provided <b>to connect to the SAP WebAS</b>...and to my surprise the default value for client is <b>000</b>...

i tried logging with all the users for bothe the clients 000, 100 (100 is our xi client)....

and after 3 failed attempts to login it says

<i>

Either client, name, or password is incorrect; repeat logon

</i>

i think its connecting to the Web Application Server DB..not XI DB....so i think that i have to enter a user having privillages to access WebAS...but i dont know any details abt such a user....

can any one tell me abt any default user to access the details of the mesage

thanx

pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_stolz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

please have a look at the following guide: https://service.sap.com/~sapdownload/011000358700000560652005E/HowToSSO_v016.pdf

Is your Exchange Profile properly maintained? Are all necessary SICF services activated, you can simply run report RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES?

Rgds.,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

thanx a lot for ur reply......it gave me a lot of knowledge abt some topics about which i dont know till now....thanx a lot..

but Andreas, the pdf in the link that u gave me tells about configuring SSO....

but my problem is that i am not able to access <i>Message content</i> <b>only</b>..i am able to access <i>Message Data</i> without any problem...i gave many user credentials to access <i>Message Content</i> but none of them worked out...y is it happening with <i>Message Content</i> onlly...y not with <i>Message Data</i>..

if this is a problem with SSO then it should not have allowed me to view message display tool at all....but thats not happening...so i think its not a problem of SSO....i guess i have to key in a user which has permissions to logon to the SAP WebAS because the <i>REALM</i> is <i>SAP Web Application Server</i>

is my guess correct.....?

i already executed the RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES from the SAP GUI...

what could be the reason....

thankx

pavan

andreas_stolz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

your guess is correct. The Message Data tab is processed by the WebAS JAVA, whereas the Message Content is processed by the WebAS Abap. That means, you have to log on to another part, and if you don't want to provide your logon information, you have to configure SSO.

The client information is pulled from the Exchange Profile, the parameter com.sap.aii.connect.integrationserver.r3.client is used. Please check the value in your ExProf.

The next thing is, to which url your WebAS Abap is listening to? You can find out in transaction SMICM, Goto, Services. Is it listening to the full qualified or only the hostname? Refer to the PDF on how to change to full qualified, if necessary.

If, e.g. WebAS Abap listens to the fqhn, and your request comes in with only the hostname, or vice versa, it could happen, that your logon is not valid. Find out, which URL is called by right-click into the web page and displaying properties. You can simply cut'n'paste the url, and modify it, to either full qualified or hostname only, and try to find out, if you can log on with either of both urls.

If you change everything to fqhn, as described in the guide, it should work.

Rgds.,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi andreaz,

thnx for ur reply..

i checked in the exchange profile and the client value is properly maintained there...

and at the URL i am comfused as to what url u are talking about...in the tcode SMICM i can c only the host name...

but no where i found any URL...

secondly u were talking abt another URL which i can c on the right click of the message content page.....

u asked me to check with these <b>2 urls</b>....

but andreaz i didnt understand as to what exactly i can do with them...

can u plese exmlain it in more details

thnx

pavan

andreas_stolz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

sorry about the confusion with hostnames, fqhn, urls. The hostname information found in SMICM must match the hostname inside the urls, which point to the abap stack. If they don't match, the page might not be shown.

OK, in SMICM you found only the hostname, not the fqhn. What about the hostname in the exchange profile, hostname only or fqhn?

When you right click on the page that shows the error mentioned by you, then the context menu pops up. The last entry is "Properties". Within the properties the Address URL is shown (at least IE shows this behaviour). Does this url contain the fqhn? You can also post this url in this thread.

Rgds.,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi andreaz,

in SMICM i found only the host name...not fqhn...

and also in the url its showing only the host name...not fqhn...but for <i>Message Data</i> its showing the fqhn...

in <i>Message Content</i> i tried to login with the user XIAPPLUSER with the client <i>000</i> and surprisingly it asked me to change the password..after i changed the passowrd it gain asked me to enter the changed password...n then after a while it shoed error again...

the error is

<b>URL http://hwsapxi:8000/sap/public/bc/its/mimes/system/SL/page/hourglass.html call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

Note

The termination occurred in system XIS with error code 403 and for the reason Forbidden.

The selected virtual host was 0 . </b>

is any role missing to this XIAPPLUSER...if so what role is it....?

the url that i am getting ont the right click of the page is <i>http://hwsapxi:8000/sap/public/bc/its/mimes/system/SL/page/hourglass.html?~subframe=2 </i>

what else do i need to check....

i tried to check if the PMI service from the URL

<i>http://<abap_server>:8000/sap/bc/spi_gate</i>

but this url is asking for a user name and password...n this time also none of the user names works....

after 3 failed attempts to logins it shows an error message in which it syas that its trying to connect to the client <b>000</b>....but for all our XI instalation we used client <b>100</b>...so where from it is going to 000....

the same is happening with <i>Message Content </i> also...i mean there also the default client is coming as 000.....i change it to 100 and then try to login....but for the PMI service URL which i mentioned above there is no provision that v can change the client..

is this causing any problems...

please advise me on this..

thanks

pavan

andreas_stolz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

seems that there are some things to do ...

1. In the abap stack, transaction code SICF, expand the tree default_host - sap - public - bc and activate the service its and its subsequent services.

That should enable the hourglass.

2. Check the Exchange Profile, the parameter com.sap.aii.connect.integrationserver.r3.client and com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.client should contain the client of your integration server, 100 in your case.

3. To get rid of problems with hostname and fqhn you might switch to fqhn as described in the SSO HowTo mentioned above.

The XIAPPLUSER is created in client 100 with its corresponding role. You might recreate the profile using the profile generator, transaction code PFCG. Recreating the profiles for the roles sap_xi* is a good idea after applying patches to the abap stack in any case.

Rgds.,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi andreaz,

activating the service solved the problem

thanks a lot for your help.

thanks to all the other too (including venkat) who have guided me in this procedure. i came to know many aspects with your guidence.

with sincere thanks

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I'm hit by the same issue on my XI system.

In SICF, I can see the service default_host->sap->public->bc is activated.

However I'm still facing the issue.

Did you do anything else apart from this? If yes, Please provide me with details.

Thanks in advance

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

activating the service default_host->sap->public->bc <b>and its sub services also</b> has solved my problem.

Also check if all the ICM services are up or not by executing <b>RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES</b>. You can execute this from the t-code <i>SE38</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I activated default_host->sap->public->bc and its sub services. SICF shows them as active. Still the issue is not resolved.

When I test the service from 'Context Menu' another browser window opens up and it shows an error 'Service cannot be reached' & 'the corresponding service is not available'.

I successfully executed the report RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES.

Did you test SICF services?

Did you do anything else apart from this to crack it?

Thanks in advance

praveen

Answers (0)