Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Keep group together causes blank first page

Hi all,

I am using Crystal Reports v10. I have a report that has several levels of grouping. When I elect to "keep group together" for the top level, and Crystal cannot keep all of the first items elements of the first group on page one, it leaves the first page blank and starts the report on the second page and splits the group onto the third page. What it should do is start the report on the first page and split onto the second page because I have made sure that "Respect Keep together on first page" is unchecked. However, it makes no difference.

When I compress the sections of the report, Crystal then manages to have all the items from the first item in the top group on the first page, and hence does not need to split the first item in the group over 2 pages, so there is no blank page. However, if it needs to split the first item in the group over 2 pages, then the first page is blank.

This behavior seems at odds with what I read in the help and what I have read about the features on v 10. Can anyone advise why this is happening?

Scott.

replied

do you have multiple groups with this checked?

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question