Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

RF Queue Management - Assign Areas and Activities to Queues

I am configuring within the RF Queue Management within Mobile Data Entry. In particular, I am assigning areas and activities to queues. I am configuring for "preparation for stock removal" transaction type "A". We have several types of stock removals (pick TO for deliveries, pick TO for production orders and goods receipt reversals).

My issue is when I assign a source storage type/picking area to each type of stock removal; the only way to distinguish between the three is the destination storage type, however this is not being considered in the settings for stock removals. I have the following example in my system:

Wse/Screen/Typ /Src.St.Ty/Src.PickA/Dest.St.Typ/Dest.Pick.A/Door (door is blank in all cases) => Queue

MEM / 2 / A / 001 / 50 / 100 / *** => Production

MEM / 2 / A / 001 / 50 / 902 / *** => Rec_Rvrsal

MEM / 2 / A / 001 / 50 / 916 / *** => DOM_15

When I perform a pick for a delivery; the queue being determined = 'production' (it should be DOM_15 based on the destination storage type 916). When I delete the queue assignment for production from the configuration settings noted above, the queue determined is "rec_rvrsal'. I believe it's because I have the same source storage types/picking areas and it's just finding the first one set in configuration.

I see the warnings when I configure these settings that for stock removal, destination storage type/picking area are not relevant.

So, my question, is there a way to determine different queues for stock removals when the source storage type and source picking areas are the same, but the destination storage types are unique? If not, how have other's gotten around this issue?

Thank you & regards,

Sandra Miner

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question