cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relation ship: Pricing structures, comm. structures, field catalogs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know that there are some tables like KONP, KONV etc, Structures like KOMK, KOMP and some structurs like KOMV are used in pricing.

But I need detail info as how they work together, waht is relationship between these various tables and waht is the overall picture ?

Please advice if u have any table relationship and structure relations diagram. Is there any naming convention which links to a table to structure?

Need some details on pricing structurs, communication structures and tables.

RGds,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

KOMK is the pricing communication structure of all Header level data and KOMP is for item level data. These structures will be filled dynamically during pricing. The condition techinique searches for condition records based on condition accesses which contains some key combinations. The fields in this key combinations are filled with data from these structures. Suppose a new field needs to be added to field catalog then the field has to be first added to these pricing communication structures and then it will be allowed in field catalog. Once the field is present in field catalog it can be used for creating condition tables.

Once the document is saved the pricing related data is stored in table KONV. Suppose a sale order is saved, the data stored in VBAK table for that sale order number will have a field called KNUMV i.e. condition number. With this KNUMV you can fetch the entire pricing data which is stored against that document from KONV table.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the data from KOMK and KOMP go to table KOMV when the document is saved? I wish to know how the overall picture works, e.g.

1) Pricing procedure is determined using Sales org, distribution channel, division, etc and also from customer and material.

2) then step by step, Various condition types are accessed using access sequences.

3) condition tables are read and KOMK , KOMP are filled.

4) Grey area for me:- How does field catalog, and logic here works ??

5) Document is saved and data is saved in KONV table.

Please give me more info about point 4 above.

Thanks and rgds,

ANand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Field catalog is only used for creating the condition tables as condition tables can be created only with fields in field catalog. During the pricing field catalogs do not play any direct role.

During pricing the field values of each condition access are filled with values from KOMK, KOMP structures and system will try to find a suitable condition record for these values.

Regards,

GSL.