Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Data source

Aummad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question,

i need to create generic data source on KNVV table, should i used direct table or create the view 1st, if i can use direct table KNVV then please guide me how to create it,.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

in your case you no need to create the VIEW, directly you can use the table and create the data source, for creating the VIEW you need the two tables for joining these two tables you need the logic also.if you use the view the data source extraction time will increase coz it has to picj the data from two tables based on the logic which you write.

simply create the data source on the TABLE whrn you want to extract the data from only table.

Regards,

chandra.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Since u r using KNVV table it means u r creating Master data source...am I right.

Steps are

Tcode - RSO2

select Master data source

Give Data source name

In next screen

Give description

Select table/view option

Give table name KNVV

save

and generate

select fields for seletion and fields to be hidden.

Regards,

Mahendra

Aummad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for help,

Please some one explain, why we need to use FM instead view or query.

Thanks,

Aummad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me to understand why we use FM in Generic data source.

Thanks.

Aummad
Participant
0 Kudos

Please help me,

Aummad
Participant
0 Kudos

ANY comment why we need to create view on table

Aummad
Participant
0 Kudos

please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob

View:

Data about an application object is often distributed on several tables. By defining a view, you can define an application-dependent view that combines this data. The structure of such a view is defined by specifying the tables and fields used in the view. Fields that are not required can be hidden, thereby minimizing interfaces. A view can be used in ABAP programs for data selection.

A view is nothing but a virtual table which is built on some other tables.

For More info on Views Refer this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/cf/21ec5d446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

Scenario where we use VIEWS in BI:

IF for example we want to retrive 10 fields from 3 different R/3 tables, then instead of creating 3 datasources one on each table we will go for views.

We will create a View on those 3 tables and then create a DS on this view.

We will use this while creating DS as we can create a DS on this view type of table.

So if you need to create your generic DS on KNVV table you can create it directly on the table itself. No need to create views unless u want to hide the fields tat are not required from the KNVV table.

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob

As you are using just one table i would suggest you to directly use the table

All you have to do is put your table name in table/view then press save

You will be taken to the next screen

Here chech-uncheck the hide option for each field as per your requirement

If a field is marked hide(checked), it will not be considered in your Data Source.

Why not view?

This is because you unnecessary create one more object which is not very usefukl to you in any prospect be it performance or ease of use.

Hope this helps