Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor invoice - Profit Center not being pulled from cost-center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Please help me out with this:

On the vendor expense line item, i am using an account which has a Field status group which is cost center - optional, business area - required and profit center - required. The cost center master has the profit center and business area both populated.

But when i try just populating the cost center on the expense line item, the profit center is not being populated automatically which it should. Can you please guide me what the problem can be? Is it in the field status group or maybe in the linking of the cost center and profit center.

Thanks for your help.

-MS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maulik,

The fact that the cost center is optional and that is not causing you error means that the expense account is not defined as a cost element. Thus, the system does not require or ask you for the cost center. You will not be able to enter a cost center also if the GL account is not defined as a cost element.

To alleviate this problem you have two straightforward choices:

1. Enter the PC manually OR

2. Maintain corresponding cost element for the said GL account. Then maintain OKB9 settings (if you want to avoid entering the cost center).

Once you do this, the system would derive the Profit center from the cost center master.

Regards,

Vishal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to put a cost center on the expense line item of a vendor invoice - but the profit center is not being pulled from this cost-center. How can i make this account pull a profit center from the cost-center entered on the line item.

Thanks,

MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MS,

Are you looking a profit centre report to say it is not updated? Where are you looking at?

Rgds

NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to enter a vendor invoice via FB60.

Thanks,

MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, are you trying to see the profit centre (PC) for the vendor line item in the vendor invoice?

If you are in 4.7 version, the PC for the vendor will be updated only once F.5D and 1KEK (transfer AR/AP) is carried out.

Hope this is what you were after.

Rgds

NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion. My question is only for the expense line item. I am using FB60 Tcode. normally on a expense line item - you just enter the cost center and then the profit center and business area are automatically pulled into the line item from cost center master.

right now its not happening it that ways. Please i need some advise on how this can be done.