Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate Implicit Enhancement implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to understand how to deactivate an Implicit Enhancement Implementation. I have created an enhancement at the end of a FORM routine. Older enhancement technology allows you to deactivate the project. With this newest technology, is there a way to deactivate it?

Thanks,

Brandon

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

If an Enhancement implementation is inactive it means all the implementation elements under it are in inactive status.

You can undo an enhancement implementation element by opening the context menu by click on the enhancement, go to enhancement->undo.

Regards,

Surender

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can undo the enhancement spot which you want to deactivate. Follow the steps : right click on the enhancement spot name -> select the enhancements -> undo

Regards,

Saran

Former Member

Hello ,

Go into change mode into the enhancement.

Now click on to active >> inactive button.

Undo enhancements will erase off the complate enhancement.

Hope this helps.

-Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajat. I definitely want to just deactivate - not delete. When I tried to use the Active / Inactive button, it is not enabled - even in Change mode. Again, this is a "Source Code Plug-In" enhancement created at the end of a FORM routine.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos

Hi

I believe u need to delete it, I don't think it's possible to deactive it.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what I was afraid of....just hoping someone knew something different.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you just comment the code and activate it and put some comments why you are trying to undo the effect of the implementation.

Do share the approach that you take to resolve it .

it would be helpful for us in future..

Cheers,

KD

0 Kudos

You could just comment out the code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Commenting the code isn't always the right approach - you could have one enhancement that has implemented many points or sections. If there were some production issue where the enhancement needed to be turned off, commenting the code is not only inefficient but leaves room for error. The same issue exists when implementing old FORM based user-exits - such as ones in SD.

If you can't deactivate this new enhancement technology, we will most likely create a table to maintain a switch for each enhancement. So the first thing the enhancement code does is check to see if it is turned on. The table can be maintained to switch it on or off as necessary.