cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multivalue error when using the previous() function

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting a multivalue error when using the previous() function on a dimension object in the report. I thought that the previous function was supposed to look at the current report and then look at the previous record's contents. How could this possibly give me a multivalue error when the value is clearly output in the previous row? Anyone have any ideas?

By the way, this is a valuable function for the types of reports that I design. The next() function would be even more valuable.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Could you please test the following solutions it might help you to resolve the issue.

Solution1:

Use slice and dice to reset all the tables that have #multivalue in it. The only problem with this workaround is they have to do the formatting manually.

Solution2:

Also, test the issue by changing the object to dimension if it is a measure or to measure if it is a dimension.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sarbhjeet, Your solution #2 worked. I don't know why it would work because this field should be a dimension (the result is a character string). Once I defined the variable as a measure, multivalue went away and the correct value took it's place. I appreciate your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try the following solution to resolve the issue.

To avoid duplicate row aggregation:

1. Select the table, right-click and select Edit Format from the menu.

The Properties tab displays the table formatting options.

2. Select Display > Avoid duplicate row aggregation.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

former_member212749
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Multivalue is a Message saying that it have more values in that cell which cannot be displayed in one Cell.

So,Try to keep the previous() variable with a column which has more values.

Regards

Prashant