Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Help with SMTP_E_TCPSOCKET_OPEN(2) error

First off, I must say that the available help sucks... I've searched and searched for an answer to this issue and all the links I found to help get SMTP configured properly all point to old support docs and forums so they are useless now. NOT a fan of the new system at all.

I am using CR Server XI. I have a report I want to email to the boss on a weekly basis. I have my jobserver setup to use SMTP as a destination, with the following setup:

Domain Name: msrealtors.org

Server Name: mail

Port: 587

Authentication: login

SMTP User Name: my smtp username

SMTP Password: my smtp password

I am assuming this is the correct configuration to access mail.msrealtors.org. This is a remote mail server, it's not on the box CR Server is running on. A mail client installed and configured on that machine has no problem sending email using the exact information entered above.

When I set my report to send email to a specific recipient, I get the following error: server error. CrystalEnterprise.Smtp: SMTP_E_TCPSOCKET_OPEN(2)

Any help would be most appreciated.

Former Member
Former Member replied

A few things to try:

- For Server, use the FQDN of the server (or it's IP address)

- Do you have an antivirus program (or something of the sort) that blocking the SMTP port you're using? If you are, add jobserverchild.exe (in Win32x86) to the exception list.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question