Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to validate a field value using events in Table Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had created a tabe and generated the table maintenance for it.

Instead of modifying the module pool code to perform a validation on a field in the table, I am validating the field using the EVENTS concept.

When i try to execute the table maintenance in SM30, and when i create an entry which has a validations error, the 'error' message is not displayed in the same screen, instead the same screen is skiped and error message is displayed in the SM30 screen.

Please give your valuable solution for the above error. I want to display in the error the same screen.

Thanks,

Jaffer Ali.S

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check on the forum for events on table maintenance. You will find a lot of post!!

Bye

Gabriel P.,

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact try this link, the solution is there.

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=16878682&messageID=5770187

Bye

Gabriel P,

0 Kudos

I would like to do the same. Any solution?

0 Kudos

I would like to do the same ("the 'error' message is not displayed in the same screen, instead the same screen is skipped and error message is displayed in the SM30 screen").

Any solution?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Cristopher, You can do that in two ways. <li>Go to SM30->Give Table maintenance name(table or view)->Click on MAINTAIN button->Click on SYSTEM menu on top right in the menu bar->Click on Status->Popup comes->Double click on Screen no->It takes you to the screen flow logic->Click on CHANGE button and make changes in which event you want make changes. <li>Go to SE11->give table name->Change button->Utilities -> Table Maintenance -> Environment menu -> Modification -> Events. Thanks Venkat.O

0 Kudos

I was able to simply modify the screen using screen painter and made the fields obligatory. That worked for me.

syed_hussaini9
Explorer
0 Kudos

If anyone was able to find the solution, please let me know the steps as well. I'm in the same boat.

Regards,

Syed

Edited by: Syed Hussaini on Sep 15, 2009 10:43 PM