cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM Upload iView show properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an iView using KM Upload iView template. I have a requirement to Show the properties(there is a Show Properties link in the iView) in the iView by default.Is there any way to achieve it?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

-JS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this [Wiki Page|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/oxkB]

Regards

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

yes there is a way. But I didnt know exactly but in my mind you can do that the following way:

(1) You have to define your own Property Strcuture (under Cm->Global Services->Property Strcutures).

(2) Here you can define your properties, which have to be shown in the Create Dialog.

(3) Then set the Display Modes: create (checked), display (unchecked), edit (unchecked)

Hope that works

Bye Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply. Steve I tried doing the way suggested but I don't see Global services under CM. Do I need some more authorization to see that.

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never Mind I found it under Metadata.

Thanks,

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am still not sure how do I achieve it. May be I didn't explain the issue well. I have an iView upload document which is created using KM Upload template. When this iView comes up it has follwoing things.

Name,Description,File and Show Properties

When User click on Show properties then properties are visible and Show Properties link is changed to Hide Properties link

Now the requirement is to have the Properties Visible by default so user doesn't have to click on Show Properties link and Properties are visible by default.

Let me know if there is anything unclear.

Thanks,

JS

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did u check the Wiki page that i have mentioned?

How different ur requirement is from that?

Regards

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi BP,

I checked the wiki page , May be I don't know how to make the change. I am new to KM.

If you could explain me how do I change my upload iView to show properties by default that would be great.

Thanks,

-JS

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JS,

Which part u didnt understand?

Regards

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know how can I make my Upload iView default with show properties. Where do I make change so that hide properties link is hsown and properties are visible by default.

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JS,

What exactly you want from the property.

Yes in the iview you can use the Property in the Property editor.

cant u have access to the property editor?

Manisha