cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrystalEnterprise.Smtp: SMTP_E_SERVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE(421)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am get error address error. CrystalEnterprise.Smtp: SMTP_E_SERVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE(421) when trying to send a email report.

The facts:

- I am using SMTP.1and1.com

- If I change my password I get a auth failure so I think it is passed the AUTH point

- Outlook express works

- Auth set to LOGIN but have tried PLAIN, 1and1 requires login.

Any hep on how to diag would be great - thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does your SMTP server require authentication?

Otherwise, set the domain (mycompany.com), the server IP, and the from/to users...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes they require authentication.

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerard,

Make sure the Job Server is running under a domain account that has local admin rights.

Regards,

Wallie

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is started "Local System account" This box is not on a domain. Tried changing to the Administer account but no help.

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerard,

Where is the mailserver, local or remote? Are you able to use mailman to send email via SMTP?

http://www.yuki-onna.co.uk/email/smtp.html

Regards,

Wallie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I beleive that due to the autrntication I can not. See the initial post I can get outlook express to work on that box. I can telnet to smtp.1and1.com on 25 but can not get commands to work, I assume due to auentication. What do you think?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somone tell me how to get the Crystall reports server folks from SAP to help answere this question? I am still stuck.

Outlook express can send mail just fine on the same box. It looks like a application configuration issue.

Help!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a couple of places in your management console that you can setup your email delivery for Crystal Server. Just check there that they are setup using the correct port and that the authentication is correct.

The reportjobserver, destinationjobserver are places to check.

Answers (0)