Multiple language support
A few questions:
1) Does the report viewer control have multiple language support? I could not find a way to resource the status bar, toolbar tooltips, or subsequent dialogs.
2) Is there a way to support multiple languages in the reports? I'm thinking of inspecting all ReportObjects in the ReportDefinition, but I'm wondering if there's a less invasive way of handling this.
3) Is there a way to determine the last page number of a report? I understand that not all pages are loaded initially and I'm ok with that limitation, but I can find no way to determine if the user's reached the last page other than looking at the enabled state of the "Last Page" button in the toolbar.
Any assistance is appreciated.
David Hilton replied
1. Yes we support multiple languages. Go here http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2SP2/en/devsuite.htm then check out Crystal Reports .NET SDK > Tutorials and Sample Code > Other Tutorials > Configuring Multilingual Client Support.
2. This depends on what you mean by supporting multiple languages? Do you mean you want the entire report, including data to be in another language? If so then this is up to you. We don't translate the data. We only translate the tooltips, toolbar, and regionalize the data formats. You can either switch to a different data table for the correct language, create a formula to translate for you, or create a custom UFL and subscribe to a translation service to translate the data for you.
3. Yes. Check out note 1216240 here https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/businessobjects-notes.