cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sevice Entry Postings

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SAP Gurus,

Could anyone please let me know how the posting will take place when you enter more then one invoices for a service entry.

In my client's place the postings for the service entry which got more invoices for one service enty are like this

Purchase order :$50000, Service entry: $30000

invoice 1: $10000 invoice 2: $10000invoice 3: $10000

Posting after the first invoice enter:

Vendor a/c ....credit 10000

Gr/Ir a/c..... debit 30000

the variance between the service entry value and the invoice value is posted to account which is mentioned in the purchase order. i.e., expenses A/c ....cr 20000

the posting for the invoice 2&3 are

vendor a/c ...cr 10000

expenses...dr 10000 respectively. So the expenses account is getting nill at the end of the process.

But the users in my clent's place are asking that this not the correct way for the posting, it should be

vendor a/c.... credit 10000

Gr/Ir a/c debit 10000

My questing is the posting that are taking place look like a standard posting but i need documentation and your help saying

that system is following standar procedure. If not what do i need to do for making this postings happen as per the user's request.

Kind regards

Leoni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read the oss note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You want to post partial invoices for service POs (with GR (service entry - ML81N in your case)) and do not want to "completely" clear GR/IR A/c. when you post a partial invoice. To achieve this,

1. GR valuated must be checked (ticked) in the PO

2. GR-based Invoice Verification (IV) must be checked in the PO

3. Service-based IV must not be checked the PO

When you enter the invoice, system proposes (at item level) the field GR/IR Clearing indicator as selected - deselect it to clear the GR/IR clearing account by only the partial amount for which invoice is received as is being entered in the system. If you leave it selected, GR/IR clearing account is completely balanced (which is currently happening in the example you have given).

When you post final invoice for the PO, make sure that you select (check) the final invoice checkbox during invoice entry (system default is 'unchecked').

Here is the SAP help on this topic

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/29/77013a822ae775e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks a lot for you reply. The information that you have sent is very helpful but iam still facing a problem. As i am not sure where can ii de-select the gr/ir indicator when i am posting the invoice. The system doesn't propose any item level. so that i can select gr/ir indicator at the time of invoice posting. If you mean at the time of p.o posting under item level and under invoice tab Inv. receipt is clicked by default and i have selected GR based Inv. This is the one i need to deselect or somewhere else. could you please tell what exactly need to be done. Actually the P.O for the services are unplanned services and we also use standard and blanket p.o to post service p.o. Does this have any different way of postings.

I would like to know if the posting that happens at present that is GR/IR Completely balanced at the time of posting partial invoice, this could be a standard process because in other companies the postinngs happen the same way that happens in my system.

Anyhelp would be appreciated

Thanks

Leoni