cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we restrict the data from MB51

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to control/ restrict the data that is being displayed based on the user. I mean some other purchase org's / plants data should not be displayed.

Can anyone tell me how can we do this?

I treid user exits, but I couldnbt find a suitable one.

Thanks,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we don't want to remove MB51 transaction. Normally, in MB51 report you see all the material documents, however we want to restrict some users not to see some cost center data. For example, user ABC can only see material document related to cost center 1000 or user XYZ can only see the material document related to cost center 3000,4000 etc.

Regards

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can either set Layout or Variant for t.code:MB51 to serve your purpose:

Option-1=>Set Layout
Use t.code: MB51 --> Execute --> Go to menu bar, select "Settings" --> Layout --> Current --> Select your favourable element in Header and Position --> Select "Copy" 
Again go to menu bar select "Settings" --> Layout --> Save( Give Layout name "ZMM4U" and Description of Layout )

Now run t.code: MB51 by entering Layout ZMM4U in "Display option" segment and you will have report for your Layout

Option-2=> Set Variant
Use t.code: MB51 --> enter all details with favourable movement type or any of your criteria and click save icon, in next screen save variant name with variant description.

Now come back to t.code: MB51, select 2nd icon in the application toolbar and get variant, select variant and get your report.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you resolve the issue? We have the same problem. We want to restrict displaying some cost center data for some users in MB51.

Best regards.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the whole MB51 report would turn useless if you hide single movements from the report,

So why not directly removing the MB51 transaction from these users roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make this field invisible so user will not see the fields

to do that go MIGO tcode and enter the Po number

now at the item screen right side corner you will see the square symbol with color it's call configuration.

click on this icon and enter the variant name than hit administrator button and make the field invisible by checking the check box

than hit activate adn than hit create button (make sure when you hit create that time the variant should exit in the variant box and save

come out form the screen and when you go next time you wont see the fields in the layout.

based on the layout setting you can restirct the users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Charlie. But my requirement is not to restrict on columns. On data. Likle we want to restrict the material data for which the user's purchase org belong to. Not other purchase org's data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you want to restrict in MB51?

How do you link the Purchasing Org and Goods Issue? One way is to restrict authorization by plant.

How do you link material and Purchasing Org?

It all boils down to plant and MB51 checks authorization of plant (M_MSEG_WMB). Anything else, please state more details...

Hope this resolves,

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry for the confusion. I need to find a user exit / BADI to check that the user has authorization for that material.

Can you help me in this?