cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to ... Scenario Monitoring?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've been trying to develop (to test how to do it, actually) an RFC to RFC scenario

In my scenario i have 2 maps contained in one interface mapping:

- RFC1_to_RFC2

- RFC2_Response_to_RFC1_Response

(1º map as request, 2º as response)

And the corresponding scenario, which means that based on first input on RFC1 we access RFC2, and the corresponding response is map to the RFC1 response

I'm not sure if that's done correctly since i'm new to RFC scenarios, but anyway..

- How do i monitor this to check if it works or that? (the RFC channel isn't available in the Adapter Engine)

(This scenarios comes as result of a requirement which is RFC => HTTP, but i'd like to understand first the RFC part, and how to monitoring all the possibles errors)

Many thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) First check both RFCs in SE37 if they are remote enabled and test with parameters.

2) Check in SM59 if u have made the registered program id - test connection .Also check same is been used in the Adapter configuration (Note: Program Id :: Case Sensitive)

3) Once Sender and receiver if configured check in "RWB" CC monitoring --> Select Adapter Type "RFC" and Adapter Direction "Sender / Receiver) here u can find the Message guid link by clicking it u can find the payload transfered.

4) If u r not able to see any of such kind, try to put external break point to the Receiver Side RFC and run the scenario , if the data is tranfered u r system get's stop to that external break point , just debug watz happening.

5) Try to re - import once the RFC metadata once.

Doing above u can spot out u r problem

regards

srini

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the help!

i tested a lot of things (and somethings were really useful tips that i had to correct) but mainly the problem was in the TCP/IP connection, and the Program ID

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check your RFC channel in Runtime workbench channel monitoring.

check RFC destination name is same in RFC adapter configuration.

check remote connection at R/3(RFC destination) is working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you check SXMB_MONI?

use this tcode in SAP as well as in XI, you shd be able to check the message flow.

first check whether SAP is sending messages to XI in SAP using the SXMB_MONI tcode, if there are any errors you shd be able to see them.

then check in XI for any mapping errors using same tcode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, actually i don't see any message in the XML Monitoring

There's any other way to check if the RFC Channel is working correctly? i mean, to find out which the problem is? because in this case i can't even get to run the RFC

Btw.. how do i test an RFC to RFC scenario? i was executing SE37 in the test module, that's correct, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's any other way to check if the RFC Channel is working correctly? i mean, to find out which the problem is? because in this case i can't even get to run the RFC

-->In SM59 check the connection between both systems first; by clicking on test connection..

Btw.. how do i test an RFC to RFC scenario? i was executing SE37 in the test module, that's correct, right?

-->Yes, you can do it from SE37....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just checked the conection and it seems ok (it's the same system for both RFC since is just a test)

Could it be anything else?

My scenario is:

1 receiver det (sapdev to rfc_party with rfc1), 1 int determination (rfc2 to interface_map), 1 receiver agreement (rfc2 with the rfc channel)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just checked the conection and it seems ok.

--> did you check RFC connection between SAP and XI??

it's the same system for both RFC since is just a test

-->what is same system? SAP for both RFC's? or SAP and XI?