cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices for Loading Master Data via a Process Chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently, we load attributes, text, and hierarchies before loading the transactional data. We have one meta chain. To load the master data it is taking more than 2 hours. Most of the master data is full loads. We've noticed that a lot of the master data, especially text, has not changed or changed very little since we implemented 18 months ago. Is there a precedence or best practice to follow such as do we remove these processes from the chain, create a separate chain, and run them separately? If so, what is an acceptable interval for it to run? We would really like to reduce the amount of time the master data is loading. Is there any documentation that I can refer to? What are other organizations doing to reduce the amount of time to load master data?

Thanks!

Debby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make it to weekly full load. or go for delta update.

Generally master should be full update,no one prefer delta.

Better way is go for full upload and take periodic job as weekly.

Regards

Pcrao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi......

Generally master data loads are full load.......but you can make them Delta also.......when you are saying it takes long time and changes is very less.......then you can make them delta also....

You load master data through a separate process chain.......in the end of the chain use the RAISEEVENT process or a Program....which will raise an event.........

Put this event in the Start variant of the Transaction data Process chain............I mean to say make it a event based chain........then your problem will be solved.....after completion of master data chain only Transaction data chain will trigger.....

Hope this helps you......

Thanks == Points as per SDN......

Regards,

Debjani.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi debjani

How can we do delta update for master data??

Can you please tell me that??

Regards

Swati