Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abap Editor Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody, How can I set the tab size in the abap editor? I did it once but I dont remeber how I did it.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Utilities-Settings-(Tab) Abap Editor-(Tab) Editor from tcode SE38

9 REPLIES 9

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Utilities-Settings-(Tab) Abap Editor-(Tab) Editor from tcode SE38

Former Member
0 Kudos

First I go to t code se38 -> Utilities -> Settings -> Abap Editor(tab)

But in Abap Editor(tab) there are several tabs. But in these tabs there no information about the tab(character) and there arent tab called Tab for se38 T code.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando,

i think it depends on your SAP version. Maybe on the one you are working with, is not possible.

bye

Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel, Do you know with wich version I can do it and with wich version I cant do it?

Regards.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be it's not possible to set tab size.

i think it would be taken automatically allign once you do pritty printer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if I dont remember bad, in version 4.7 I did it, but I dont find the option in version 6. May be Gabriel have the razon and there are versions where you can set the tab size and version where you cant do it. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Actually Im working on a project with SAP ECC 5.0 and I checked on SE38 for tab size on preferences, and there isnt an option so as to fullfil what you need.

I have checked also on 4.0 and 6.0 and is not possible either.

Maybe is only available on 4.7, but I dont have the resourses to check it.

Anyways....Why do you need it??

Bye

Gabriel P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well actually I'm working in a mobile aplication. The code of the aplication must be transfered to the mobile device, and the size of the code is important. The abap editor does not put a tab character when you press the tab key, instead it puts spaces. For this razon it would be good to set the tab size. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't find the way to do it.