cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Hierarchy is at present blocked against changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, I am working on Cost center accounting and specifically trying to add a cost center group to the existing cost center standard hierarchy, but I am getting the following error:

"Hierarchy is at present blocked against changes"

How can I have this restriction lifted? Do I need to ask the basis admin to remove the restiction ?

Thanks in advance.

QuinB.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think some one has(user) blocking hierarchy and check with that particular user to come out of the hierarchy.

now try to change.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Rau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rau:

Thanks for your response. However, I am doing configuration on dev client, and I have checked and no user is working on the hierarchy. However, I have found a work-around via cost center groups, i.e I displayed the hierarchy and made the changes from there, ie. added additional groups and cost centers. This has worked, but the only problem is I made one small mistake on a cost center, but now I cannot delete the cost center. The message I get is "function is not allowed in the standard hierarchy".

QuinB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you wants to delete cost center from the cost center group goto KSH2 and place the cursor on cost center and click on select (F9) and click on remove(F5) and then SAVE cost center group.

if you wants to delete a cost center,goto KS04 and delete costcenter.

Thanks,

Rau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for following up. I have tried both your suggestions. However, I am getting the following error message.

"Function is not supported in the standard hierarchy".

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Go to Cost center group(KSH2) change T.code and not in standard hierarchy t.code and try same.

Thanks,

Rau

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot delete cost centre from standard hierarchy, only to move it from one group to another. To delete it, go to KS04 as suggested by my fellow SAP expert.

Regards,

Eli

Answers (0)