SAP for Banking Discussions
Join the conversation about navigating compliance, enhancing customer experience, and driving growth in the banking industry with SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Banking tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone have any documentation about tables/data model of the Banking solution?

I'm new to this solution and frankly I don't know where sap is saving the data... debugging here is quite impossible.

Thanks in advance.

Ling

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ling,

Did you find the tables? I'm also searching for them all over the web but there ir no answer.

Thanks,

Maria

former_member239282
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ling,

all bank tables start with B.. Bknf, bkpf...., take a look here :

http://www.erpgenie.com/abap/tables_fi.htm

if helpfull reward point are appreciated

Edited by: Pierluigi Demaria on Oct 2, 2008 6:33 PM

joerg_wegener
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ling,

I am not sure what you need the database tables for. From my point of view, it would be much more appropriate to look at the BAPIs, BADIs and services that SAP for Banking provide.

Manipulating database tables directly is a potential problem, as you would bypass the consistency checks provided by the software. The BAPIs call these checks, hence ensuring consistent data.

Please be aware that in the current Banking Services, the data model is quite complex, especially in the master data for transactional banking and in the analytical banking. The risk of breaking something by bypassing the business logic layer is very high.

Could you elaborate on your need for direct access to / understanding of the database tables?

Thanks and kind regards,

Joerg

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not going to change/update any of the standard tables, it's just that I was asked to develep a quite complex report but they have no idea in which tables are the data, they showed me some standard transactions but I've found out that they were done with BDT so.... no idea in which tables they are stored. That's why I needed the data model and the table names, so I can figure out where to pick the information I need.

For example, in which table can I find the relation BP-account number, or which FM could I use to get that information?

0 Kudos

Dear Ling,

appreciate that you're asking here, before launching an OSS message!

This is to make you aware there is a lot of documentation available out-of-the-box

SAP provides inside the system.

Knowing that there are no "big picture" models shared on the internet on entity relationships, data, database tables and the connection between BDT views and database tables,

here are some examples how you can find out yourself:

E.g. on your very question about the link between account holder and account master:

1. Starting with the knowledge that the SAP client file, BP is an application-independent static data area, it is obvious that the link can only be found inside the static data of the account master.

2. Call any account master

3. Click on the "Technical documentation" button in the upper symbol bar

4. Choose the hyperlink for contract framework

5. Find the entry for all links between the account master and data external to the account master, BCA_CN_LINK

This is your answer in a technical sense, as its input and output are by GUID's, not external numbers or names.

If you want a clear name and external ID:

1. IN BCA_CN_LINK, use the account GUID to find the link to the BP's GUID under the BCA010 entry (this role represents the account holder)

2. Search BUT000, the central data 1 table for BP data, using the BP's GUID as input.

For other relations inside the account master, search in step

4. choose the hyperlink for contract elements

As a conclusion, the prime source for identifying the tables is using the available technical documentation inside the system.

Whether this leads you to searching via SE54 or via the technical F9 help drilling down to SE11/17, SE37 for function modules is not needed necessarily.

Furthermore, to excel, you possibly might want to consider a BDT course and a course for "banking services from SAP" course made for developers.

regards Ralf

Edited by: Ralf Fischer on Oct 8, 2008 12:43 PM

Edited by: Ralf Fischer on Oct 8, 2008 12:49 PM