Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

A number is required here... error attempting dynamic label

I am trying to create a report where I am looking at a rolling 13 months worth of data and have used a formula field that uses a select case formula based on the number of the current date's month. Each case has if statements similar to this referencing each month: if (Month({BUG.BG_DETECTION_DATE}) = Month(CurrentDate)-1 and Year({BUG.BG_DETECTION_DATE}) = Year(CurrentDate)) then 1 [this if statement corresponds to just the prior month]

Instead of the "then 1" meaning month ago, is there a way I can get it to say, dynamically, "Aug 2008" or "Jul 2008"? I tried to add " then 'Aug '&Year(CurrentDate) " but it comes up with an error saying "A number is required here" and the error references the if at the beginning. I also tried to change the rest of the if statements to a similar then clause, but to no avail. I figured with the concatenate, &, it would work, but can't get it figured out. I am using a cross-tab to display the data from 1 to 13 in the rows and just the count in the column.

What other functions can I try?

Thank you

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question