cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressing fields in the Cross tab report .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know is there a way to suppress the row labels without suppressing the subtotal. I know if you click on Suppress subtotal under the "Rows" list bow in "Customize Style" tab page, you can suppress the Row label. I am looking for a way to suppress the label without suppressing the subtotal. Now you can say , click on the field and select "Format Field" and click on suppress check box. Although it works, but it looks ugly with a empty box( even f you squeeze it to the max) . So any bright Ideas ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrick_genest
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Feroz,

If you know the number of columns your cross-tab will display, you can always create a custom cross-tab, which will give you the flexibility to acheive what you want, but the drawback it's the columns will not be dynamic. For information on how to create a custom cross-tab, see the SAP Note 1212953.

Patrick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Feroz,

Are you only wanting to sometimes supress the crosstab rows? Or always? Based on the suggestion that you've mentioned (right clicking, selecting supress) it sounds like you always want to supress it.

If you always want to supress it, why use it in the first place? Why not use the condition of the sub total to create the cross tab, as opposed to using the seperate row values to summarize the data in a way you don't want to see?

if there are multiple conditions that you want to include in your sub total, you could create a group, and use the group as the row condition in your cross tab, and show what was the sub total for those fields as a single row which would then itself become the sub total.