cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create new or use existing info object ? How to decide ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All;

I have this question.

I enhanced the data source with a field user ID, now I am mapping it in the transfer rules in bw. When I searched in the system (ctrl F in infobjects of RSA1) I could find related info objects but they are currently being used in several places.

Can I use the existing one or do I have to create new info object ? How can I decide this ?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it just depends on the content of the 0USERNAME or 0USER_NAME depending on use. Usually these Infoobjects contain the source system user name (login name) for example the entries maintained in SU01 of the SAP R3 system.

If your extractor delivers the same entry, feel free to use it. If it is another kind of username (i.e. external system, database user etc.) it may be usefull to define a new object. But if you define your own ZUSERNAME Infoobject remember to provide loads for the Text and attribute fields (if required). This is for free, if you can use available infoobject which are already maintained by earlier projects.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

It really depends on how close of a match you have with the infoobject that is available.

Do not matter where else it is used.

as long as master data, attributes etc. are going to be sismilar go ahead and use it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

If the all the attributes of the field that you are adding similar with the infoobject like the lenght, field type and conversion routine you can use the infoobject if not create a new infoobject.

Best Regards,

Hima