cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Exit Variable Period 000 is not valid in financial year variant Z2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to get the week number from a particular posting period. But I get this error when I execute the Query:

Error Group

RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

SYST: Period 000 is not valid in financial year variant Z2

I checked in "FIRST_DAY_IN_PERIOD_GET" FM and it is not accpting period 000 for PERIV Z2. It works fine for all other periods.

Does anyone have an idea on this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Posting period ranges from 000 to 016 its 0FISCPER3.

For your conversion you may want to use 0FISCPER in posting date is mapped to this.

For your function module 000,013 to 016 will be invalid.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

I am restricting my variable on 0FISCPER3. I just copied the code for existing variable and created a new one without ready for input option.

Do you have any more ideas of where I am making a mistake?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Obviously you are getting data for period 000 into your query - this is fine

But don;t then try and derive the week no for period 000 it wont work

If this is a P&L report I would restrict in the filter to only periods 1-12 (or NOT 000)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

So do you think that there is a problem in my Query restrictions? You ask me to restrict from 0 - 12, but this period is calculated based on the SY_DATUM in a cust. exit variable. And this period is being used to pull week number. So, do I need to change the code?

But I already have another query which is similar to this, only ready for input options are missing in the new one. The older one is working fine but the I have problem with this.

Any more ideas?

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no period 0 in a fiscal year variant

Yep I think it's your code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

I have already checked my code and its perfect. Let me look at it again and will get back to you.

Thanks for the support!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

I got it. I missed a varaible decalration in the code. Thanks for your support.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member391265
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi I am also getting the error SYST : period 000 is not valid in financial year variant v9 for particular query execution what should we do to resolve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the fiscal period definition in SPRO --> SAP Netweaver --> SAP BW --> General Settings --> Maintain fiscal period variants?

Check the existance of entry '000' for that year.

I don't think it allowas you to create a period '000'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Thanks for the reply. I know it doesn't have 000 but I don't know why I am getting this error. I'm using the FIRST_DAY_IN_PERIOD_GET Function module. Any ideas?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does any one has an idea on this issue? I am still not able to identify what the problem is.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why are you putting in 000 as a parameter?

Period 000 is a special period in the summary tables in FI and PCA and is used for brought forward for the previous year

No postings ar emade into this period - SAP manually posts to the sumamry tables with no back up journal entry balance sheet opening balances and adds the P&L profit for the year into the retained earnigns account

You shoydlnt; be trying to read period 000 to get a day because one doesnt exist just accept it for what it is - i'ts a process fudge (sorry "solution") for sumamry tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

Thanks for the reply. I am not taking 000 anywhere. Even I am looking for periods 1-12 but I don't know how it is taking 000. Do you have an idea of where the change should be made to avoid 000?

Thanks again!!