cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing parameter based on User in Infoview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to know whether there is an option in Infoview to fix the parameter values based on the user who has logged in or any othe similar actions.

What I want to do is

I have one report which gives data for different departments. I have included one parameter Dept Name , based on which report data is distinguished.

I want to fix this parameter for some users like "Accounts" department user can only view data for Parameter "Accounts" only. or "HR" for "HR" only. but "Management" can view data for specific department or all department. This parameter is List of Values.

The report is working fine. only thing i need to do is to "fix" the parameter value as "Accounts" if any user/group of ACCOUNTS logs in. He should not be able to choose any other parameter value like "HR" or "MANAGEMENT" etc.

I am using BO X1 R2

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be implemented by Row level restrictions. Assuming you are on XI, you can do this in the universe by going to Tools>Manage Security>Manage Access Restriction.

You can also read the Designer guide for more details on how to accomplish this.

Kashif

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kashif

I forgot to mention, this is a simple Crytsal Report and am not using designer for this report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamal,

I am not a CR expert but I bet there must be a way to handle this in CR. I guess if you post this in a Crystal Report forum you will get more people to respond to your query.

Kashif