cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help problem after upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

at day one after the upgrade I have several users complaining that values found with a search help (e.g. vendor numbers) are not written back into the destination field after selecting the value.

I happens e.g. for search help KRED when using the "search according address attributes" which is purely standard SAP.

Any Idea what this could be? Any more people having that problem?

We are using SAp GUI 7.10 patch level 8 it also happens on my machine with patch level 10.

The very same search helps work with a 4.6c application server. only with our ECC 6.0 system several people have problems.

Can you give me any hint where to look at?

Thanks,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

This is a general thing which happens during ECC Upgrade. There might be some Z Search helps which have been removed after the upgrade. Check for the search helps with the 46C system and identify the search helps which have been removed in ECC.

Thanks,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to check whether the parameter assignment for the collective search help is linked with included search help.

You can go to SE11 for that specific search help and check parameter assignment for each included search help. I have similar case for material search help in which the parameter assignment somehow got removed when we're doing SPAU adjustment so we have to put it back and it work for us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abharam ,

I have similar problem in CBIh82 transaction while filling up personnel no . I checked, search help is removed from data element. Do i need to search some OSS note to attach it again ?

Thanks For your help ,

Amee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amee,

In the first place, I think SAP already suggest if you have new question, you should open a new thread instead of joining other people thread. That way, it will be easier for people that have the same problem with you to search for it. So, I suggest we should follow that suggestion and maybe you can provide detail problem in your thread such as the name of data element and in which screen your problem occurs. Thank you.

Regards,

Abraham