cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices for Loading Master Data via a Process Chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently, we load attributes, text, and hierarchies before loading the transactional data. We have one meta chain. To load the master data it is taking more than 2 hours. Most of the master data is full loads. We've noticed that a lot of the master data, especially text, has not changed or changed very little since we implemented 18 months ago. Is there a precedence or best practice to follow such as do we remove these processes from the chain? If so, how often should it be run? We would really like to reduce the amount of the master data loading time. Is there any documentation that I can refer to? What are other organizations doing to reduce the amount of time to load master data?

Thanks!

Debby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debby,

I assume you're loading Master Data from a BI system? The forum here are related to SAP NetWeaver MDM, so maybe you should ask this question in a BI forum?

Nevertheless, if your data isn't changed this much, maybe you could use a delta mechanism for extraction? This would send only the changed records and not all the unchanged all the time. But this depends on your master data and of course on your extractors.

Cheers

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debby,

I guess you should use the kind of extractor which is aligned according to data source from which you are extracting the data.

and make your Delta Load Mechanism also active so that you will get easy and smooth extraction.

There is very beautiful answer given by Micheal above.

Hope it helps.

Rgds

Deepak