cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a Text Variable for a Replacement Path Variable for Calmonth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a report based on 12 rolling months, based on 0CALMONTH. The user enters the 0CALMONTH once, and then can see two key figure columns, both rolling out for 12 months, and both of these key figure columns are based on the same month that was initally input by the user.

I did this creating 24 key figure Selections, and for 12 of these selections (ie the first key figure) I used an offset (-1, -2 etc) for the variable which the user directly input the date into. For the other 12 selections (the other key figure) I used a replacement path variable, referencing the original user input variable, and offsetting this.

This works fine for the data itself, but now I want text variables displaying the months. Creating a text variable based on the user input 0CALMONTH variable just results in the very first entry being correct - ie the one which the user input.

Do I need to create a customer exit variable for this? If so, how would I go about this?

Please let me know if my question doesn't make any sense, and thanks for your help...

Mischa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I worked out what I am doing wrong - I was trying to replace the text variable with the input variable, and not the characteristic itself. I have now changed this and it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mischa,

Use same text variable for all columns, based on offset value(for month) text variable will be filled. you can use same variable, no need to create many.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately this does not work. If I insert a text variable based on 0CALMONTH for both columns (ie for the user input variable column, and also the replacement path variable column based on the user input column) all that displays is literally the month which was input by the user into the user input variable.

E.g.

If the user inputs 07.2008, although the data in all the columns offsets correctly, the text variable reads "July 2008" for every single column.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Mischa