cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Delay in VL01N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guys

At the time of VL01N ( Delivery Creation ) Update delay is coming.

At ST22 is showing the error like ROLLBACK_IN_POSTING.

Our conf as below:

DB : Oracle

SAP : 4.6C

Please guide me to solve the issue.

Regards,

P.Selvendran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear P.Selvendran,

This is a known problem that might be caused because of some of the tables are almost reach the MaxExtents limits.

I believe this might be also the reason for this dump.

The extents limit of a table or index is defined in the parameter MAXEXTENTS. If this limit has almost been reached and a table or index tries to allocate more extents, a runtime error occurs and the transaction that caused this error aborts with a short dump.

I would recommend using SAPDBA to increase the MAXEXTENTS value of the

tables by 30% which you observed by following the below procedure.

Run transaction DB02>Go to tab "Tables and Index">Detailed Analisys--> Click OK on popup window (It may take very long time)

Check to see if any tables that Extents number is greater than 80% of MaxExtents,

The MAXEXTENTS parameter of an object can be changed without shutting

down the system, thus allowing processing to continue.

Best Regards,

Jacky

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

<Grumpy Mode on>

> This is a known problem that might be caused because of some of the tables are almost reach the MaxExtents limits.

could you tell me the note where I can find this information?

It does not matter how much I look at the information on the OP I do not see anything at all that point to a DB problem

I'm not saying that is not a DB problem, I'm saying that there is no information.

ROLLBACK_IN_POSTING does not indicate a DB issue.

What it indicates is that an error happened during posting and it had to be rolled back. It is a message issued by SAP and not by the database and provides absolutely no useful information, more investigation is needed.

> I would recommend using SAPDBA

I would recommed NOT to use SAPDBA as it is a very old product, not supported and replaced a long time ago.

Of course, we do not know the DB version, it could be very old and SAPDBA could work,

Guessing from SAP Note 156548 - Released operating systems SAP kernel 4.6x ORACLE:

> OS : Sun solaris 8

> DB : Oracle

> SAP : 4.6C

For this combination the Oracle version could be from 8.1.6 to 10.2. Only use SAPDBA if you are using 8.1.6 or 8.17 (and you should upgrade ASAP to something newer and supported) for any other version use BR* tools

<Grumpy Mode off>

take a look at the ST22 before the message ROLLBACK_IN_POSTING, is there any other error?

take a look at the developer traces of the process who issued the error, are there errors?

analyze those errors, depending on them we could provide some help based on facts

Edited by: Fidel Vales on Oct 1, 2008 6:37 PM