Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAD question: fix each chart series to a specific key figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I hope you can help.

In WAD is it possible to fix each series in a chart to a specific key figure from the data provider (query)?

We need to be able to do this because the opening position of our query has a number of hidden key figures, that are displayed later in navigation.

Without being able to fix the series to key figures, in the opening view some key figures are appearing as columns rather than lines and vice versa.

Thanks and regards

IM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think we have that control. WAD will automatically calculate the series depending on key figures. Try to rearrange them and have some logic even after hide/unhide.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that the request cannot be satisfied.

A little disappointing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, Pcrao.

My scenario is:

I have 15 key figures in the columns of my query (data provider).

The first 12 of these KFs are to be displayed as bars (columns) and the last 3 as lines in the chart of my web query.

I can set this no problem in WAD.

But my problem is that because a number of my key figures are set as hide in the query designer (to be unhidden later in navigation) the last three KF's are displaying (incorrectly) as bars until I unhide all KF's in the navigation.

In other words, it seems to me that I need to fix each series in the chart editing to a specific key figure. But I don't know how.

Thanks again and regards

IM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any more thoughts on this, guys? I'd be really grateful for any input this week.

Regards

IM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell it in detail, how do you want to display the chart ?

Generally, for 2 kf's it takes 2 series like that only series will come. if you want to display only one keyfigure then hide rest of them in view and take (select) that view for the chart.

Regards

Pcrao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

Would it not be possible to use a view or similar though?

Thanks